I moved to the Midwest in 2021, where many of my neighbors use pesticides and chemicals to keep their yards lush, green, and weed and pest-free – something I was not used to.I, on the other hand, am chemically sensitive and an organic gardener – always looking for natural alternatives. Consequently, my yard was not very popular with the neighbors, sporting brown patchy areas in the grass and an abundance of dandelions … something that my California Desert Tortoise, Myrtle, loves.
Myrtle enjoys foraging the yellow-bloomed dandelion flowers like a good little dinosaur, zigzagging back and forth on the hill in my backyard. She acts like she hasn’t eaten in weeks even though she receives plenty of fresh veggies and fruit daily. Watch Myrtle's video On YouTube Here
For years, I had been searching for a natural fertilizer to nourish our garden – plants, trees, and grass, and easily control the weeds in the front yard to appease the neighbors and support biodiversity and the environment.
Many companies say their products are safe, but they usually have some form of cancer causing ingredients in them. As the editor of Eco Family Living (aka Eco Family News), I eventually stumbled upon a company that I felt was truly free of harmful chemicals - Lawn Bright. After a lengthy conversation with Craig, the owner, and one last careful review of the ingredient list, I decided to give his products a try.
It’s only been three months, and I am amazed and delighted by the dramatic change in my yard. My garden is healthier than ever before – with no human, animal, reptile or environmental toxic repercussions, and the dandelions in my front yard are now at a minimum. Craig said it might take a few years to eliminate those completely, but literally there is only a small section left. The backyard continues to feed Myrtle's voracious appetite.
I started with two products and a test kit to assess the soil's balance, or imbalance, as the case usually reflects. After seeing almost immediate improvement, I bought the year subscription – which includes three shipments, one for each season with a winter break. I look forward to my garden's evolution.
While I have done my research, and feel that Lawn Bright is an environmentally and health-friendly product, I always suggest doing your own investigation to be sure you are making the best possible choice for your family.
Lawn Bright offers a discount periodically in their e-newsletter, but here is a link to get $25 off a subscription if you want to start immediately. Full disclosure: I also get a $25 credit towards my next subscription. I think it’s a sweet deal if you like their products as much as I do.
0 comments:
Post a Comment